A campus area network is a network of multiple interconnected local area networks (LAN) in a limited geographical area. The networking equipment’s (switches, routers, firewalls) and transmission media (optical fiber, copper, wireless e.t.c.) are almost entirely owned by the campus tenant / owner: an enterprise, university, government etc.
Modern campus networks should meet several important requirements and trends:
- They should be simple and
powerful, offering a unified wired and wireless experience incorporating
devices and technologies from several vendors and having a unified management
- They should be secure by
provisioning, managing and monitoring of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), by
protecting users, devices and intellectual property and by implementing strong
routing, switching and wireless solutions from core to edge.
- They should be flexible to expand and able to incorporate modern trends and evolvements in this area such as location based solutions, virtualized applications based on SDN (e.g. SD-WAN), network analytics and cloud managed Wireless LANs, to mention only a few.
In general campus networks are moving away from serving as a simple utility to being an integral part of operations and innovation helping enterprises and organizations to achieve their business objectives.
PERFORMANCE contributes to the revolution of the campus networks, offering to its customers a comprehensive portfolio of relevant services and solutions. This portfolio includes:
- Security services on both wired
and wireless solutions, consisting of advising on network protection
opportunities and strategies, identifying how network security technologies can
protect the business from different kinds of network threat, satisfy
compliances and regulations, and improve upon the security ROI.
- Consulting services ranging
from assessment, design and integration helping enterprises to evaluate their
existing network and to transform it to the network of the future, protecting
their existing investment.
- Implementation services
including design, installation, configuration, management and support assisting
customers to build their own networks meeting their needs and requirements. In
doing this we cooperate with major network vendors on the markets such as HPE /
Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet , Citrix and others and we have trained engineers and
companies certifications up to the highest level with some of these vendors.
- Discrete networks solutions such as applications based on location services, secure network access control and authentication, mobile device management and provisioning, communication and collaboration and network analytics. These solutions change the traditional role of the network fabric, bringing additional value to existing networks and enabling business outcomes.